Reduce or even eliminate the need for PAIN medications or delay or even avoid SURGERY.
Everyone has trigger points; the question is to what degree. If you have lingering pain, recurring headaches, tightness, or restriction of certain movements, you’re probably experiencing the effects of trigger points. Almost ALL COMMON AND CHRONIC HEADACHES and MANY MIGRAINES are caused by the activation of trigger points and can be ELIMINATED or greatly reduced in frequency.
Myofascial Trigger Point Therapy (MTPT) is recognized by the American Academy of Pain Management as an effective treatment of myofascial pain and dysfunction.
Pain medications are harmful to the body if taken on a regular basis. Long term use will damage your liver and kidneys!
Many times, they don't help very much or have unpleasant side effects. There are no guarantees that surgery will work.
A few treatments and some homework on your part and you can stop worrying about surgery or how long your Liver will last with so many pain meds. You should be able to feel the difference in a treatment or two!
So many pain issues can be helped with Myofascial Trigger Point Therapy!
I offer Myofascial Trigger Point Therapy, Medical Massage and other pain management modalities in addition to massage. Specialties include non-invasive treatment for:
* Jaw pain and TMJD can often be reduced in a treatment or two.
* Injuries recently sustained in Auto Accidents. Whiplash is very common and can get worse in time if not addressed properly. (Medical Massage is covered by most auto insurance.)
* Headaches, Migraines TMJ, chronic or frequent tension headaches, neck stiffness
* Heel and foot pain, calf cramps, Plantar Fasciitis, knee pain, avoid or delay knee surgery
* Carpal Tunnel and other arm pain and numbness, Thoracic Outlet Syndrome, tennis elbow, golfers elbow, trigger finger, texter's thumb, aching and heaviness of the arms. Most other repetitive motion-related pain respond well.
* Plantar Fasciitis, heel pain, foot pain in many cases there is a strong myofascial (muscle) component to the condition.
* A lot of pain is muscular in origin, don't just keep taking pain meds, treat the cause of the problem. Treatments can often reduce or eliminate the need for medications or even surgery.
* So many diseases are stress-related. Perhaps nothing ages us faster, internally and externally, than high levels of stress. Massage and pain reduction are effective tools for managing this stress.
If you have been hurt in an auto accident, your treatment may be covered by your auto insurance company with a prescription from your doctor. Health insurance seldom covers massage, although your HEALTH SAVINGS PLAN probably will.
Mary Jo has worked in the healthcare field for over 34 years and has taught workshops on trigger point therapy and stretching, stress management, migraine prevention and treatments for Fibromyalgia and Chronic Pain support groups.
Myofascial Therapy and Massage can also help specifically address a number of health issues.
Mary Jo offers Myofascial Trigger Point Therapy, massage, medical massage, pain treatment, injury treatment.
I can directly bill most Auto insurance and Workers comp after an injury.
I am close to Cranberry Township, Treesdale, Seven Fields, Warrendale, Wexford, Zelienople and the North Hills of Pittsburgh PA area.
My office is easy to get to via the Turnpike, Route 19 and I-79.
People come from Ohio, West Virginia and North Eastern and Central Pennsylvania too!